From our excursion into the world of diet food, you will learn how to properly lose weight by eating buckwheat porridge. We will tell you what the buckwheat diet is, reveal all its secrets, talk about the pros and cons of the method. Following our advice, you will learn how to create a menu for every day for a diet program, learn how to combine products for a buckwheat diet and switch to a regular diet without consequences. After completing the buckwheat diet course, you will lose weight and improve your health without significant financial costs and loss of time.
In Russia and neighboring countries, weight loss based on a menu with buckwheat is very popular. Surprisingly, for other countries of the world, buckwheat is rather an exotic product, only in the Slavic world is it included in everyday food. For many years, a large number of the fair sex have been adjusting their weight and figure with the help of this product.
Seven Reasons Why Choose Buckwheat Diet:
- Diet- extremely low energy value of kernel buckwheat (the product cooked in water gives only 92 kilocalories / 100 grams), in combination with a mass of useful minerals, vitamins and dietary fiber (2. 7%), makes buckwheat one of the first full-fledged candidates for diets. The total calorie content of the diet is approximately 1200-1300 kilocalories per day.
- Medical- the immune system is stabilized due to the richest biochemical composition of the main ingredient (especially in cold weather), the walls of blood vessels are strengthened. There is a decrease in cholesterol level (in buckwheat its content is equal to 0) and blood pressure, cleansing of the liver, intestinal tract, elimination of excess fluid, toxins and toxins. Also, with the frequent use of buckwheat porridge, the health of the reproductive and nervous systems improves, vision and hemoglobin rises.
- Weight- when using a diet, there is a significant loss of exclusively excess weight, muscle mass does not decrease, that is, unnecessary body fat and water go away. Losing weight does not come back (provided the correct exit from the diet and rationalization of your nutrition system).
- Cosmetic- buckwheat has a beneficial effect on the condition and appearance: hair fragility decreases, split ends and dullness disappear, strands acquire shine and elasticity. The complexion is significantly refreshed, the brittleness of nails increases, foliation and fragility of the nail plates disappear.
- Economic- the product is available to absolutely everyone due to its low price and widespread use. All the required amount of the product can be purchased immediately, since it does not deteriorate during long storage. The buckwheat diet is a much cheaper option than, for example, the Ducan diet.
- Temporary- it takes very little time to prepare the dish, given that unground buckwheat is not boiled, but only steamed in a thermos.
- Gastronomic- attracts both the simplicity of cooking buckwheat porridge and the fact that there are no restrictions on the amount of food consumed. You can eat it as much as you like. Although you are unlikely to be able to eat much, buckwheat is great for filling and feeling full for a long period.
It is for these reasons that the buckwheat mono-diet, which is also a detox diet at the same time, has a large number of adherents and admirers. If you find it very difficult to withstand the monotony of the menu, you should turn to another method, for example, the Maggi diet.
Disadvantages of buckwheat diet
The diet has its drawbacks, in this case it is the need for uniform nutrition, like any mono-food system (based on any one product). The negative aspects include:
- Deterioration of mood, constant exertion of willpower required to continue the diet.
- Feeling of weakness, the appearance of dizziness - the phenomena occur due to the ongoing active cleansing of the body from toxins, toxins that enter the bloodstream with increased motility of the intestines and only then are excreted from the body. Time your diet so that you can work less and get more rest, preferably at home.
- A drop in blood pressure, headache, weakness are possible due to a complete rejection of salt. You shouldn't bring yourself to the brink; at the next meal, just add a little salt to the portion (just a little). This will help normalize your condition.
- Deterioration of memory, reaction, mental activity - the brain's reaction to the lack of sugar. In this case, a teaspoon of honey dissolved in warm water will help.
Important! Before switching from a conventional food system to a dietary one, it is advisable to consult your family doctor.
It is not recommended to repeat the buckwheat diet earlier than in a month and a half, the body does not need constant shakes at all.
The use of this dietary system is prohibited:
- In the presence of disturbances in the functioning of the digestive system, dietary restrictions can cause exacerbations of latent diseases in a sluggish course, especially during after leaving the diet.
- In case of gastritis, stomach ulcers, colitis, the buckwheat-kefir diet is not used.
- Do not use a diet for arterial hypertension, diabetes mellitus, any chronic diseases.
- In adolescence.
- While carrying a baby, during lactation.
Rules and principles of buckwheat diet
With this type of food, they include in the diet in addition to buckwheat:
- low-fat kefir;
- low-fat natural yogurt (1-1. 5%);
- weak green, black tea without sugar;
- compote from dried fruits, fresh fruits;
- apples (2-3 pieces per day).
Allowed inclusion of light combination diet:
- boiled chicken breast, turkey breast;
- low-fat cottage cheese, feta cheese;
- vegetables - cucumbers, tomatoes, lettuce, grated carrots, bell peppers, cauliflower;
- mushrooms - champignons, porcini.
Exclude all other foods, including condiments and spices. An exception is made for salt, consuming about 2 grams per day when you feel unwell. To ensure that your efforts and limitations are not in vain,adhere to the following dietary recommendations:
- in the morning, drink a glass of warm water (purified, boiled), adding a circle of lemon and a teaspoon of natural honey;
- in half an hour, eat a portion of buckwheat porridge, you cannot drink porridge;
- eat fractionally, do each next meal 3 hours after the previous one, during the day - 4-5 meals, the last one no later than 5 hours before bedtime;
- drink at least 2 liters of purified water per day (not mineral, not carbonated, ordinary), often the volume of water is calculated using the formula - 30 ml per kilogram of weight, plus 1 additional liter;
- never drink alcohol, it will nullify all your efforts;
- take a multivitamin complex during the entire period of weight loss;
- Do light, lightweight exercises every day to invigorate your body and spirit.
How to cook buckwheat correctly
You can take any kind of buckwheat for your diet. Of course, it is better to give preference to green unprocessed buckwheat.Preparation of cereals:
- boil in unsalted water - on a small flame, cook in unsalted water until cooked;
- steaming for a time from 1 hour to 8 hours - pour boiling water, pouring buckwheat into a thermos, steam in a saucepan, wrapped in a blanket;
- sprouting in cold water for a raw food diet - pour a glass of green unprocessed cereals onto a large flat plate in a thin layer, pour about a glass of purified water, cover with gauze, do not let it dry out, sprouts for about a day or a half.
It is best to steam kernel buckwheat (green or brown), as it retains more nutrients, germination is more suitable for raw foodists and lovers of sprouted cereals.
How long can you stay on a diet
There are different time frames for the diet - it could be 3 days, a week, two weeks, a month.It is recommended to use a weekly course of dietary nutrition,in the case of a two-week or monthly diet, we can only talk about combining buckwheat diet with other types of diets.
Attention! It should be noted that weight loss is different for everyone, for the most part this value is individual and depends on many reasons. For the same time, a week, for example, one girl loses 3 kg, and the other - 5. Doctors recommend not to sit on a buckwheat diet for more than 7 days, returning to it no earlier than a month and a half.
Buckwheat diet options
We would like to note that before switching to a dietary course of nutrition, a week before it, you should give up meat products, using sour-milk products every day. The purpose of the measures is to partially cleanse the body of toxins, to alleviate the moments of intoxication that occur during the diet.
Buckwheat diet options:
- Strict- they eat only buckwheat porridge, drink water or weak tea.
- With kefir- the use of buckwheat porridge in the desired amount, in addition they drink 1 liter of low-fat kefir or yogurt (preferably homemade), at least a liter of liquid, in general it is allowed to drink as much purified water as you want.
- Lightweight- complement the previous version with apples (3-4 pieces), vegetables (about 500 grams) with a low glycemic index.
- Combinedbuckwheat diet allows the inclusion in the menu of lean meat of turkey, chicken, mushrooms, vegetables and fruits, dairy natural products, feta cheese. Fruits should not be sweet (banana, mango, peach), vegetables are eaten raw, boiled, steamed, baked without fat.
Important! With a combined regimen, a combination with other diets, such as a protein diet, is possible.
The basic principles of the kernel buckwheat diet are simple:
- for breakfast - buckwheat porridge;
- for lunch - repetition of breakfast;
- for lunch - the same as for lunch;
- for dinner - buckwheat porridge.
Between meals they drink water, compote, tea, kefir.
Three Day Raw Food Diet
During such a diet program, you can lose from one kilogram of weight to one and a half. Suitable for emergency weight loss, often for therapeutic purposes. For three days, they eat only steamed buckwheat porridge, supplementing it during the day with a liter of kefir and a liter of purified water. That is - 4 times a day (or 5) buckwheat porridge.
Pay attention! The option is considered one of the most useful due to the fact that a maximum of useful substances are stored in buckwheat.
Sprouts contain increased amounts of iron, vitamins, proteins and minerals. Eating sprouted buckwheat grains increases immunity.
7 Day Buckwheat Diet
Meals during this seven days are the same by day:
- Breakfast - a portion of fresh buckwheat porridge (about 200 grams);
- lunch, dinner - the same.
Pay attention! Between meals, drink more than 2 liters of liquid: tea, compote, kefir. On such a diet, you can lose 4 to 6 kilograms of excess weight.
Diet for 14 days
Two weeks - you can lose weight from 6 to 9 kilograms. It is very difficult to withstand such a period on one porridge, therefore, most often they use a combined buckwheat diet, supplementing it with poultry meat, vegetables, fruits, mushrooms.
- buckwheat porridge (150-200 grams);
- buckwheat (portion), cucumber salad with a little lemon juice (100 grams);
- buckwheat porridge (100 grams), kefir (glass);
- buckwheat bread, green tea with a teaspoon of honey;
- porridge with finely chopped prunes (3-4 pieces);
- buckwheat with feta cheese (50 grams).
- a glass of kefir (1%);
- one apple;
- tomato salad (100 grams);
- fresh cucumber (100 grams);
- dried apricots 2 pieces.
- porridge with boiled chicken breast (100 grams);
- with baked turkey breast (100 grams);
- with baked vegetables (100 grams);
- with boiled chicken egg;
- baked with tomatoes (2 pieces);
- with mushrooms fried without oil;
- with stewed carrots and zucchini.
- kefir (glass).
- buckwheat casserole;
- buckwheat with vegetable salad;
- apple salad;
- a glass of kefir;
- porridge with kefir.
The options can be very diverse,the basic rule is that the daily calorie content is not higher than 1300-1500 kcal.
Pay attention! An alternative to a strict buckwheat diet can be fasting days on buckwheat porridge, practiced once a week or two, or other dietary techniques, such as a keto diet.
The correct way out of the diet
It is very important not only to remove the extra pounds that spoil the figure, but also to maintain the achievement without harming your health. To do this, you need to correctly switch to your usual diet. You do not need to do this abruptly, it is worth gradually adding various foods and dishes to the diet.
During the first 10 days after completing the course, do not consume more than one and a half thousand kilocalories per day.Don't eat:
- fast food, other junk food.
Important! Gradually introduce boiled, stewed, baked meat, cooked fish and vegetables, eggs, and various dairy products into the menu. Maintain a fractional meal regime, do not eat before bed.
Buckwheat mono-diet, carried out in accordance with all the rules and without disruption, allows you to effectively and quickly lose extra pounds. At the same time, such a dietary food will cleanse the body and help with deramatological problems. The diet food is quite satisfying, so weight loss goes without the brutal feeling of hunger.