A sedentary lifestyle and unhealthy snacks make themselves felt in the form of unattractive fat deposits on the sides and abdomen. The body is not able to lose weight in some particular parts of the body, so sports activity is necessary for all muscle groups. Exercises for slimming the abdomen and sides are performed in combination. The best results can be achieved by simultaneously eating a healthy diet and doing aerobic activities.
How to achieve maximum effect?
Dropping excess fat in places like your sides and belly won't work quickly. These are the most difficult parts of the body to work out, so it will take about a month to achieve visible results from regular physical activity. This is the optimal time for the body to get used to the new regime and develop healthy habits. In this case, the beautiful figure will last for a long time.
If the weight is going away intensively, this indicates a loss of muscle and water, not fat. This situation can lead to exhaustion.
If the problem is not so acute and you need to get rid of 3-4 extra pounds, you can cope with the task in 2 weeks. The main condition is compliance with sports and nutritional regimen.
The mistake of most beginners is to focus directly on problem areas.But usually weight loss occurs from top to bottom, starting from the face and gradually moving to the chest, waist, abdomen, buttocks, legs. Therefore, it is important to choose a set of exercises with a load on the whole body, including:
- cardio training;
- strength exercises;
- aerobic exercise.
All this will help in a short time to get rid of excess fat on the sides and tone the abdominal muscles.
The greatest fat burning effect from workouts is observed in the morning, so the day starts with morning exercises at home, 2 hours after breakfast. Simple exercises that warm up and stretch the muscle tissue are suitable for this. More complex complexes can be performed both independently and in the gym, under the guidance of an instructor.
When doing exercises for the press, your own body must serve as weights, otherwise the result is the opposite of losing weight.The regularity and intensity of exercise is determined by how you feel. With severe pain, physical activity is stopped and subsequently slowed down.
To get rid of folds on the abdomen and sides, it is enough to exercise 3-4 times a week for 15-20 minutes, and if the exercises are lightweight, then daily. Select 4-5 most suitable and perform each 10-15 times in 2-3 approaches (for women) or 20-25 times in 4 approaches (for men).
You should always start with a warm-up lasting 5-7 minutes, which is also suitable for morning exercises.Options:
- dancing, jumping on the spot, aerobics;
- tilting the body to the sides with alternate stretching of the arms while standing;
- rotation of the pelvis and the whole body;
- Raising the trunk while lying on your back, putting your hands behind your head and bending your knees.
Regardless of who is doing the exercises (child, teenager, woman, girl, girl, man), a number of rules are required:
- Classes are held on an empty stomach.
- Do not bring the body to exhaustion.
- Each exercise is performed carefully and slowly, while problem areas need to be kept in suspense.
- Train at the same time.
- Increase the load gradually.
It is normal to feel a pleasant burning sensation in the abdominal area and a little fatigue.
Nutrition plays an equally important role in getting a flat stomach. Too severe restrictions in such a case are not recommended. The diet should be balanced and complete, so that losing weight has enough strength for regular exercise.
You need to eat two hours before the planned lesson and no later than two hours after it: in this case, the body quickly recovers by burning fat in problem areas.
Key Diet Rules:
- are eaten in small portions (200–250 g) 5–6 times a day;
- reduce salt and sugar intake;
- exclude fried, fatty, salty and smoked foods;
- preference is given to fiber and protein products of plant and animal origin (dietary meat, cereals, whole grain bread, vegetables and fruits);
- harmful sweets are replaced with dried fruits, nuts, honey.
Throughout the day, they drink up to 2-2. 5 liters of clean water without gas.
The main condition for burning fat in the abdominal cavity is to make a daily menu of three correct foods. These include:
- chicken, rabbit, veal;
- fresh herbs, vegetables, fruits, berries (excluding bananas, grapes and potatoes);
- dried fruits, nuts;
- legumes, cereals;
- seafood, sea fish;
- low-fat fermented milk products;
- vegetable oils (olive, linseed).
According to nutritionists, there are foods that increase metabolism and help burn fat on the sides and belly. These are: ginger, green tea, grapefruit, cucumbers, cabbage, cinnamon, horseradish.
Side and Abdominal Exercises
Many exercises can be done at home, but the best effect is observed with complex work - combined with going to the gym.It is importantto focus on working out all the muscles of the press: upper, lower and lateral.
It is recommended to combine different types of fat burning complexes.
Novice athletes are encouraged to start with light but effective exercises. By resorting to such training, even without daily performance, it is possible to tighten the figure in 2 weeks (provided there are no medical contraindications).
A simple set for slimming the abdomen and sides consists of three exercises:
- Rocking the socks.Lie on your back, hands on the back of the head. The legs bent at the knees are raised and swayed by the socks.
- Circular rotations.In the same starting position, lying on your back, the legs are bent at the knees and the feet are placed on the floor. The body rotates in one direction, then in the other direction 5 times.
- Backbend with bent knees.Get on all fours, rest on the floor with elbows and knees, feet on toes. Straining the press, they lift the knees off the floor, round the back. Count to three and return to original position.
Other effective exercises are described in the table:
|Chair Leg Raises||
|Walking with hands||
Upper Press Complex
To work the upper abs, it is advisable to use all kinds of crunches, lunges, and static exercises.
Crunches and lunges
The most popular exercises are described in the table:
It is important not to lift your lower back off the floor, strain your abs as much as possible and not lower your shoulders to the floor. Perform 3 sets on each side
It is important not to lift the pelvis off the floor. Hands can be stretched in the direction of movement or removed by the head
Beginners are encouraged to start training on a flat surface. But, the more the slope of the bench, the better the result. Optimal tilt - 45 degrees
|Lunges with turns||
Static exercises are based on loads that do not involve active movement, but they are no less effective at using problem areas of the body due to tension.This kind of trainings are suitable for people who are contraindicated in increased physical activity for medical reasons.
A positive result can be seen if you perform exercises for 6 approaches at a time. It is recommended to start with 30 seconds. The time is gradually increased to one and a half minutes. The maximum interval between sets is 1 minute.
The most effective static exercises for working out the upper press are presented in the table:
|"Vacuum"||This exercise can be done while standing, sitting or lying down. Take a deep breath and draw in the stomach strongly. They try to hold this position for 5-6 seconds. It is required to repeat the "Vacuum" 6-7 times|
Working on the bottom press
To work out the lower abdomen, a complex is used in which the limbs are involved. All exercises are performed 10-15 times in 4 sets.
The most effective are presented in the table:
|Knee Raise||Starting position - on the back, arms behind the head, legs straight. Bend each leg in turn and stretch obliquely with the elbow, with a slight separation of the body from the floor|
|Scissors||Lying on your back, raise both legs and begin to spread and bring them together like scissors|
|Raising the legs from the support position||Lie on the floor and begin to lift one or the other leg in turn. Raise on inspiration, down on expiration|
|"Bicycle"||Lie on their backs, put their hands behind their heads and start twisting their legs, imitating cycling|
Complex for oblique abdominal muscles
The oblique muscles of the abdomen are worked out by flexing and turning the body. You need to train them separately, since they are not affected by other types of load.
Care should be taken when tilting, as the load on the spine in the lumbar region increases. With serious back problems, such exercises are contraindicated.
The most productive exercises are suggested in the table:
|Standing side bends||
|Prone Bends with Fitball||
|Twist Bike||They make a standard "Bicycle", but at the same time twist the body: the right elbow stretches to the left bent knee, and vice versa|
Twisting the hoop
To get a wasp waist in 2–3 months, it is recommended to twist the hoop every day. This exercise strengthens the abdominal muscles, helps to remove fat deposits on the sides.
Before moving on to more complex twists, you should learn how to rotate the hula-hoop in the standard way, on the stomach.
- Take a starting position standing, feet together.
- The arms are bent at the elbows and placed behind the head or spread apart on the sides.
- The hoop is twisted at the waist due to smooth circular movements of the pelvis. On exhalation, the stomach is pulled in, on inhalation, it is relaxed.
It is recommended to pick up the shell with a weight of 2 kg or more. If you rotate it every day for 20-30 minutes, the first results will be noticeable within 10 days.
In addition to physical activity, it is recommended to resort to breathing exercises. It is allowed to be performed in a sitting position.
There are 2 main techniques: body flex and oxysize.
The first is based on the burning of fat due to oxygen entering the body during a deep breath.In this case, it is necessary to take certain postures to tighten the muscles.
- Lie on your back and bend your knees.
- The stomach is pulled in strongly.
- Raise their hands up.
- Take a deep breath and hold the breath for 7-10 seconds while lifting the body.
- Stretch your arms up.
- After the prescribed time, slowly exhale and lower the body to its original position. Repeat 3-4 more times.
The second technique involves a series of sharp, jerky exhalations after one deep breath.Thanks to this technique, the abdominal muscles of the abdomen are effectively worked out.
In addition to focused activities in the gym or at home, both women and men should pay attention to aerobic exercise. It includes:
- Walking- at a fast pace for half an hour a day, at least five times a week.
- Jogging- about 35-40 minutes.
- Swimming- at the initial stage, once a week is enough.
- Cycling- 30 minutes daily. Such an exercise works on the abdominal muscles even more effectively than twisting.
Aerobic exercise will enhance the process of losing weight and allow you to get a beautiful flat stomach in a shorter time.
Complex for men
A set of exercises for mento get rid of the abdomen and sides is selected with a focus on working out all muscle groups. The more they strain, the more intensively the body will spend energy and burn fat.
All exercises are performed 25-30 times in 4 sets. Work out every other day, combining exercise with jogging, swimming in the pool, cycling and other cardio options.
Dumbbells weighing up to 2 kg or plastic bottles filled with water can be used as weights.
The most effective exercises for men:
- Straight crunches in the supine position: stretch with elbows towards the knees, which are in an elevated state.
- Twisting on an inclined plane: lie with your back on a firm support and stretch with your elbows up as you exhale.
- Push-ups with simultaneous lifting of the legs: they rest on the floor with their fists, throw their legs on any support (chair, bed) and push up at an angle.
- Pulling up the legs with the location on the uneven bars: hands rest on the horizontal bar and in a hanging position raise the legs at an angle of 90 degrees.
- Plank on the palms: get into a standard position and pull your legs up to your chest one by one.
- Row of dumbbells with slopes: the legs are set slightly wider than the shoulders, the elbows are pressed against the waist and bend forward. At the same time, arms are bent with shells at the elbows, pressing them to the chest.
- Dumbbell lunges: Do alternate lunges with different legs. The dumbbells are held at the hips.
- Dumbbell Plank: Rest your hands with dumbbells and toes on the floor. One hand is brought behind the back, freeze for 4–5 seconds and return to its original position.
How to lose weight after childbirth?
The problem of getting rid of fat folds on the stomach is especially acute after pregnancy and childbirth. It is allowed to start classes only after a month, if the woman had previously led an active life. Girls who are less active should wait about two months.After a cesarean section, weight loss will have to be postponed for a longer period.
Start by doing the Vacuum exercise every day to help tone your muscles. The first time they do it in a supine position and in the morning.
The following exercises are suitable for a more pronounced load:
- lifting the hips;
- lifting straight legs, lying on your back or side;
- all types of planks;
- wall squats.
During training, do not forget about breathing technique: they strain the muscles as much as possible on exhalation.